Maesywerngoch Property Information
Maesywerngoch is a luxurious large self catering cottage which sleeps 12 located in southern Snowdonia National Park set within the scenic Dovey Valley. This pet friendly cottage sits in 3 acres of landscaped gardens including waterfalls, streams, ponds and boasts no traffic, noise or light pollution. Ideal for multi-family gatherings, celebrations, anniversaries and birthdays. The market town of Machynlleth is 15 minutes away as is the seaside town and beach of Aberdovey.
An inviting interior warms and welcomes you after a jaunt through the surrounding wilderness, providing a wet room with underfloor heating for your boots and coats and a drying room in case you get caught in the rain. Multiple wood burning stoves in three sitting areas add to the warmth.
The whole family, including your pets, will love it here. In spring and summer, when the countryside is in bloom, you can stroll through the gardens over footbridges and alongside waterfalls.
- 6 bedrooms, 5 baths, sleeps 12
- Bedroom 1: Master bedroom with super king-sized bed and en-suite bathroom
- Bedroom 2: Two long single beds that can be zipped together to form a super king size bed
- Bedroom 3: King-sized bed
- Bedroom 4: Two twin beds
- Bedroom 5: One bunk bed and proper cot. (connects to king-sized bedroom)
- Bedroom 6: King-sized bed and en-suite shower room.
- Additional travel cot available. Please provide bed linen for cots.
- 2 high chairs and 1 stair gate.
- Three wood burning stoves -one in each sitting room with kindling, logs and firelighters
- Well-fitted kitchen with pillar box red AGA, stainless steel appliances and quaint breakfast nook
- Rehabbed barn and stables (now a high-ceilinged sitting room and a dining room)
- Free WiFi that reaches every corner of the house
- Wet room with underfloor heating
- Bosch Washer/dryer
- Hotpoint fridge/larder in utility room
- Weber Grill
- Two 46-inch LED TVs with SKY HD
- CD and DVD player and phone charging station
- Books, local history, and maps
- Pet-friendly £25 per stay
- Dining table seats 12
- Outdoor table seats 8
- Extras for your enjoyment like puzzles, a tent for camping outdoors and a telescope for stargazing
- 100% Cotton bed linens and towels
- Duck Island liquid and bar soap
Maesywerngoch is located a ten-minute drive into the Dovey Forest in beautiful Southern Snowdonia National Park. Despite its secluded setting, you will find plenty to do in close proximity. Crab, canoe, or traverse the beaches at Aberdovey, about a twenty-minute drive from Maesywerngoch. Mountain bike the cycling Route 8 or traverse the Wales Coastal Path. Take a shopping trip to the nearby market town of Machynlleth (just 5 miles away) to stock up on provisions for a lovely dinner at the longhouse, or eat at one of Machynlleth’s various restaurant options.
In fact, Maesywerngoch is an ideal launching-off point for many of Wales’ most popular attractions and activities. Have a look at the attractions for more information about some of our favourite outings and restaurants!